Friday, April 13, 2018

Flooding the kitchen...

As a continuation of the previous post, my son did stay true to his gender, but not in such a gag-inducing way.  (See "Painting with Poop" for that one.) After coming home from a playdate, I put on one of the kids favorite shows and ran upstairs to change my clothes. Apparently, a toddler can do an incredible amount of damage in a 7-10 minute window of time. When I stepped into the kitchen, my feet felt it - the wet. I looked to my left, where only my daughter still sat on the couch, eyes glued to the animated entertainment that I so wrongly assumed would keep them both occupied. Looking to the right, I saw him, a bowl in his hands, frozen like a statue in front of the fridge. At his feet was the kids' toilet chair insert, already overflowing with water. 

"What are you doing?!"

"Ummmmm. Don't ask me dat!" Mr. cute furrowed forehead tells me.

"Why is the floor all wet?" (Mind you, I was at least 6 feet away from him.) "Cause I made it," he said, proudly.

"Why in the world would you want to make the floor wet?!" I am trying to remain calm…poorly.

"Cause I going swimming!!" He is so proud. (I Sigh.) "See, I get water here, den I put water dare, den I make a pool!"


Yes, he got water out of the fridge via a bowl, then dumped it into the toilet insert, and, once full, onto the floor. I later found out that desk was also wet and puzzle pieces were floating in the drawers! At least the mess was made entirely from water…unless there was something in the toilet bowl insert before he started…oh dear!


No comments:

Post a Comment